SEO Advice of the Year! Google’s Matt Cutts on Successful Blogging
Matt Cutts is head of webspam team and the respected voice of Google for web developers. Matt recently gave a presentation on the subject of SEO and blogging at WordCamp San Francisco and has been kind enough to share his presentation with everyone.
The presentation is titled, “Straight from Google: What You Need to Know” and provides excellent advice and insight from Google on optimizing WordPress for search engine ranking.
Please browse through the slides and read the highlights below the presentation. Update: Video is here to accompany slide, enjoy!
Matt has also provided a link to download the presentation in PowerPoint format.
Highlight Slides from the Presentation
- Slide #12: Use WordPress to get a head start!
- Slide #13: Basic but essential WordPress Plugins.
- Slide #21: SEO Tip – Choosing content keywords.
- Slides #22-#23: Ask yourself, “What will my visitors type?”
- Slide #26: Tweak your titles, URLs and content.
- Slide #27: Use keywords as categories and use dashes between words.
- Slide #29: Be passionate, write often, but don’t over do it.
- Slide #34: Be useful, creative and informative.
- Slides #36-#39: Use Google’s free Webmaster Tools to optimize.
- Slide #46: Save the Internet! Support net neutrality.
- Slide #48: WordPress Security – Block access to wp-admin with htaccess.
Straight from Google: What You Need to Know
As you can see, this presentation was a wealth of information, thanks Matt!
Pass it along to your fellow bloggers and developers!
If you have any questions or additions to the topic of SEO and blogging, the comments area is always open.